Friday, May 25, 2007

THE CURATORS/song #7 : conversation with caul

Listen
Listen
My name is Harry Caul
Can you hear me?
Don’t be afraid
I know you don’t know who I am
But I know you
There isn’t much to say about myself………I
I
(Second voice: sick when I was a boy)
I was very sick when I was a boy
I was paralyzed, from my left arm to my left leg
I
I couldn’t walk for sixth months
One doctor said that I’d probably never walk again
My mother
My mother used to lower me into
Lower me
Into a
Hot bath used as therapy
One time the doorbell rang, she went down to answer
I started sliding down, in the water
I
I could feel the water
Covering my chin, my nose
An uh…
When I woke up
I
My body was all greasy from the holy oil she, she put on my body
I remember being disappointed I survived
When I was five
Uh…
I
My father introduced me to a friend of his and for no reason I hit him in the stomach with all my strength
He died a year later
I
(Second voice: He’ll kill you if he gets the chance)
I’m not afraid of death
I am afraid of murder

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

erasing stands independently of social opinion.

hey, wasn't this a post before it became a song, and wasn't it a text before it became a post, and wasn't it an idea blablablablabla.

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and wasnt it an idea before it became a script before it became a film before it was said by gene hackman before it was sampled by some band..........before

oh yeah

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home